Accessing MS SQL Server from Revolution on Linux

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Mon Dec 22 12:52:48 EST 2008

As the title says... I want to access Microsoft SQL Server databases, from a
Revolution app, running on Windows.  I've done this for years on Mac and
Windows, via ODBC; on Windows always using Microsoft's bundled ODBC drivers,
on Mac using variously ones from OpenLink and Actual.

Is anyone currently doing this?  Can you recommend ODBC drivers?  I've heard
bad things about ODBC on Linux, am I entering a world of pain?  Any tips,
suggestions, or warnings you can give me?

TIA,

- Ben