Hammering on about Paragraphs

Judy Perry katheryn.swynford at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 21:41:57 EST 2008

You know, this whole business about indenting versus blank lines, arrogant
higher ed educators and the like takes me back a few years when I was
finishing my second master's degree and was positively hounded over similar
issues.
Over the various years and degree programs, I've had to "learn" the
following approved "styles" (formatting techniques):

Turabian
Chicago
MLA
AP
APA
Whatever the style was for scientific/technical writing
Whatever the style was for legal writing
Harvard

And -- you know what?  I can't really keep any of them straight.  For the
life of me it just isn't clear why higher ed places such emphasis on where
to put commas, dates, and other things over what really ought to be more
important, namely, CONTENT.

Maybe we can start a new thread on how formatting styles are like various
religions?

Judy
http://revined.blogspot.com