[ANN][EN][FR] ListMagic 1.0 by So Smart Software

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Thu Dec 18 13:11:04 EST 2008

Bonsoir Bob,

Le 18 déc. 08 à 19:01, Bob Sneidar a écrit :

> Awesome Eric. Now you have gotten me halfway through my problem I
> wonder if I could enquire if you or anyone has come up with a good
> search form? I am looking for something along the lines of a form
> where I start with a single query, but can add further conditions
> if necessary.

ListMagic is provided with a built-in search tool that searches for
any string and even, in carousel through multiple widgets on the same
card.
But you may write your own tool and override ListMagic one easily:
see the docs.

> A query line would contain a popup menu for a column name, a popup
> for a comparison (is, is not, contains, does not contain etc.), and
> the text to search for. What it would return is a properly
> formatted SQL query. I was going to write it myself, and may still
> do so, but what I had in mind was not going to be very portable.

As you guessed it, perfectionism can be counter-productive :-)
And I wanted this widget easy to use, even for beginners.
Nevertheless concerning contextual menus in the list field itself or
the header: you can modify, enhance them as you desire: see
ListMagic  FAQ for more information.

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.