[ANN][EN][FR] ListMagic 1.0 by So Smart Software

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Thu Dec 18 12:45:02 EST 2008

Bonsoir Bob,

Le 18 déc. 08 à 18:36, Bob Sneidar a écrit :

> I'm curious if it is possible to display a range of cells. Let's
> say my query returns records with a unique index number as the
> first column, the deleted flag as the second column, and then the
> data I want to see. It would be great if I could supply a range of
> columns to display or even a list of columns. This way sorts to the
> list would sort all data but only show the columns I want to show.

As ListMagic was designed, hidden columns can be on the 'right' only.
My goal was to make ListMagic easy to use, e.g. by letting anybody
feed it exactly as any list field in Revolution, using a simple tab/
tab/return plain text list as we are used to, and having all other
features completely automatized.

So, if I understand well (but I'm not sure :-), you would want to
have hidden columns on the 'left'.
This is not possible, but...
If you reorganize your data to have your hidden data (flags, etc.) as
the 'last' items of any line, it will work perfectly as long as you
don't choose the 'Auto' option for the number of columns but a fixed
value.
In such a case, all 'extra columns' will be never seen by the user
e.g. by your code only ;-)

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.