Table field text formating

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Wed Dec 17 21:07:38 EST 2008

JB,

I think you may be vastly underestimating the task of supporting
kerning and tracking by using dummy spaces inserted into the flow of
text. Among other things, this would render your text impossible to
parse and be quite slow. What's appealing about strange 1 pixel
characters inserted into your text in a non-standard font that makes
it better than the image solution? At least with the images, you can
use any character and any font for your spacer.

I agree that all of these features would be useful, but I disagree
that 1-pixel fonts would really accomplish much towards that goal.