AW: How to zip a folder?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Mon Dec 15 08:00:12 EST 2008

Digging hour after hour in the archives, the appropriate approach seems to
be using the shell, but I have found different threads, some using zip, some
tar and all using different parameters and don't know where to look for
these parameters.
Does anybody has a snippet for a shell zip, which works for folders with
subfolders and common file names.
Or a hint, where I can research the parameters for the shell zip on Mac?
As well I didn't found any snippet for unzipping the stuff with the shell.
Does anybody knows. If a Bundle.app Zip on Win, made with WinZip is
compatible with a Rev-Shell unzip on Mac, or do I have to zip it on Mac?
Thanks
Tiemo