Core Midi

René Micout rmicout at online.fr
Sun Dec 14 09:47:35 EST 2008

For JB & Rick > last mails off-list
For Beat > impossible ro reply off-list (wrong address mail ?)
René
-----
Hi René,
my sincire apology for not answering you sooner.
I posted my reply on the dutch forum on dec. 11 th.
My goals is to be able to send Midi data in realtime from and to
revolutiuon.
I am working on stacks in Rev that help you in composing, by f.i.
creating rhythms and
themes, or variatiuons, or the usaer is able to generate variations
by all sorts of transformations.
I am also working on a 'evolutionary' stack to evolve rhythms.
Anyway, I'll be needing to hear directly what I have created and I'd
prefer to hear my own samples and
Instruments (in Logic or NI) and not to use the QuickTime instruments.
One of the stacks I am making will be searching for the 'right'
sounds to use under user's
direction (semi automated). So I need to hear my own sounds.
As two know more than one, we might share info and be working
together on this thing.I have already figured out how to make
a standard midi file (as others have done before me). Do you have
knowlwdge of C or C++ and Xcode (do you woirk on Mac?)
I will be staring to look into these things in the coming 4 weeks, as
I take my computer with me into the mountains (alas, no internet
connection there).
Sunday (tomorrow), I will be away for 4 weeks and only be able to get
to my mail on a weekly basis.
Greetings, Beat
-----
Beat,
What name for musician !
Thank you for your answer. My english is not very good, sorry :-)...
But my french is better !
I am working on a generative musical instrument (named “Exagofon“)
with Revolution (only, no C, C++ or Xcode... too much for my brain !)
and today it work with the Quicktime instruments, but, like you, I
wish play (live) Midi (in/out) via USB and Revolution on Macintosh.
I am working also on several musical projects : Acordofon, Ritmofon,
Yasarofon, Rizomofon, Exagovox.
Bons souvenirs de Paris
René
-----
salut René,
merci beaucoup pour votre mail. Mon anglais est mieux que mon
francais, alors je continue en anglais.
very interesting what you are doing. Maybe we could discuss some
things when I get back. I have to dash off now, as the raod is 900 km
to where I am going.
talk to you later,
Beat
PS. It is my real name! Nice, he.
-----
Bonjour Beat,
Bon voyage ! Bonnes vacances !
I am also interesed by musical experimental instruments like Ztar (I
have one Z7), Reactable, Reactogon (Exagofon is inspired from
Reactogon), Chromatone, Miko, Thummer, Monome, Axis, Tenori-on (soon
perhaps), Janko keyboards, Haken Continuum fingerboard (soon
perhaps), etc...
René