Ugly ID memories

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Dec 9 18:05:58 EST 2008

Object ID's are simply a way for the software to uniquely identify an
object. That the ID is made visible to the programmer seems to me to
be a convenience. Since you can refer to an object by name anyway,
there really is no hard fast reason to refer to it by it's ID. It
would be like deleting a user profile in Windows, then creating
another and giving it the same ID. Hey, actually that would be cool!
But I digress.

Bob Sneidar
IT Manager
Logos Management