Database Basics

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sun Dec 7 18:17:07 EST 2008

Hi Tom,

Here's my 2 cents on the subject. I'd stick with the one card per
record which Joe suggested. But, during runtime, I'd keep the stack
with the cards invisible, and pull information into your 'application'
stack. The idea being the business logic in the application code in a
standalone never changes, but the external database stack does. Keep
the data separate from the what you want to do with the data.

Another advantage of keeping these two separate is you can later add
on a real database like SQLlite, Valentina, or MySQL without having to
destroy your 'front end.'

You'll find you can quickly mark and sort and collect data from your
invisible cards, and assemble the report you want in your application
stack.

best,
Chipp