Rev On Rockets On Dreamhost - Does it work there?

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Sun Dec 7 14:05:04 EST 2008

Stephen,

Sorry for being late on this thread. And thanks for your support of
Rev On Rockets initiative.

The error you're having is a permission error. You must be sure you
set the correct permissions on the file and also the correct user and
group with chown command.

chown user:group filename

suEXEC needs the correct user and group. Just log in by SSH to your
dreamhost account and do a ls -l to see which user and group is being
used on your account (they are not standard, they are unique to each
dreamhost account). You can enable Shell Access on your Dreamhost
account by going into the accounts setup in the control panel. They
have something like: "Full access" which you need to enable so you can
use shell access.

There you'll see the user and group for your given www user. Then you
need to set the rest of the files to the same user and group or
Dreamhost suEXEC will complain and refuse to run.

Try that and get back to me.

Cheers
andre