Database Basics

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sun Dec 7 17:15:04 EST 2008

Hi Tom,

I made a very simple database example, which you can find in
RevOnline, username Mark. It keeps all data in properties. I have also
a much more complex version, which has no problems searching for a
string in several tens of thousands of records, but I must admit that
it takes quite a bit of scripting to keep it speedy. Using MySQL takes
this hassle away.

The Revolution documentation tells you how to connect to MySQL, but it
doesn't tell you how to make correct MySQL syntax. The MySQL tutorial,
available in the standard MySQL documentation at www.mysql.com is very
useful for starters. Just start reading at the beginning. You'll know
enough about MySQL within a few hours.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz
Dutch forum: http://runrev.info/rrforum

Color Converter has been updated! Get it at
http://colorconverter.economy-x-talk.com !