Database Basics

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Sun Dec 7 17:02:10 EST 2008

Hi Tom,

I did something with a bird stack about 20 years ago; but, since I
wanted to have a picture of each one, I used a separate card for each
bird. Only B/W with HC, however. That made sorting and arranging and
doing all sorts of things real easy - even for HC; but I don't
remember having that many birds. I can see you're not planning
anything as elaborate as what I was doing. Of course, I think, many of
your observations are for the same "bird"; just different times and
places; so, perhaps, you wouldn't actually need so many cards after
all, having multiple entries on many of the cards. Should you take
that direction it would be pretty easy to create the stack from the
field data you already have from a script. You may want to try that,
regardless. Another approach.

Good luck,

Joe Wilkins