Numberformat

Mark Smith lists at futilism.com
Tue Aug 26 15:58:41 EDT 2008

The docs say "It affects numbers only when they are calculated and
then displayed or used as strings."

I found that if you use <put item 1 of someNum + 0 into word 1 of
padedNum>

this forces padedNum to be a string, and you get '08'

I've always found the numberFormat thing confusing, so I always use
'format' in these cases...

Best,

Mark