Print stack as PDF

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 26 11:52:04 EDT 2008

--- paolo mazza <paolo.mazza at neol.it> wrote:
> Dear friends,
> how can I print a stack as PDF from revolution 3.0?
> Am I supposed to use the Quartam PDF Library? and
> how?
> Thanks
>
> Paolo Mazza

Hi Paulo,

If your app runs on MacOSX, you can set the
'printerOutput' to a filepath, and that will churn out
a PDF file. However, this doesn't work on Windows or
Linux: the Windows engine produces XPS files
[Microsoft's PDF rival format], and the Linux engine
produces postscript files.

Quartam PDF Library is not capable of turning just
about any stack into a PDF file - there are a lot of
Revolution properties that make it hard to interpret
what to do (for instance, should I go for the literal
interpretation of certain property combinations or try
and mimick the way Rev renders it on each platform and
OS version?)
And admittedly, a few more items need to be put in
place (blending, clipping, arbitrary fonts, htmlText
support, etc.) before I can even start on that generic
PDF conversion.

Hope this clarified it,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====