Linux Version

Pierre Sahores psahores at free.fr
Mon Aug 25 02:19:18 EDT 2008

Hi Mikey,

In using Rev 3.0.0 DP-8 to RC-2, all the tested platforms (see below)
gived the same very good results (stability, speed, script editor/
debugger,...) and i don't think i will go back to Rev 2.9.0 anymore.

Results of tests in native mode of a Rev n-tier app i'm working on :

- Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.4 (client and server app components native
devlopment platform) : App runs 100% OK
- Win XP Pro SP2 (native client component deployment platform) : App
runs 100% OK
- Debian Etch x86 (native server component prefered deployment
platform) : App runs 100% OK

Results of tests as Sun's VirtualBox 1.6.2 virtual machines :

- Win XP Pro SP2 (native client component deployment platform) : App
runs 100% OK
- Debian Etch x86 (native server component prefered deployment
platform) : App runs 100% OK
- Ubuntu 8.04 x86 (native server component possible deployment
platform) : App runs 100% OK
- openSuse 11 x86 (native server component possible deployment
platform) : App runs 100% OK

One more quick note : Even if i went in the past (1998/2004) using
extensivelly Suse Linux to run critical apps in ASP mode, i'm yet lots
more confortable with Debian (or - the Debian based - Ubuntu) than
with the Netware openSuse 11 not so "up to date" distro...

Best Regards,
--
Pierre Sahores
mobile : 06 03 95 77 70