unicode - 2.6 vs 2.9

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu Aug 21 11:47:04 EDT 2008

On Aug 21, 2008, at 4:28 AM, Nicolas Cueto wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> Any reasons why a stack when converted
> into a standalone with 2.6 handles unicode
> text as expected, but not when built with 2.9?

Hi Nicolas,

I use Unicode text successfully all the time in 2.9. I know there were
some improvements made to unicode implementation in 2.7. Can you give
us some idea of what text isn't working right? I find it's generally
more reliable to load unicode text into fields and buttons after
launch, rather than entering it during development and then displaying
it in a standalone. There are lots of issues to worry about, from OS
to processor differences, for example.

Regards,

Devin

Devin Asay