REV Send Email via CGI and mail.php script on the fly?

John Patten johnpatten at mac.com
Mon Aug 4 11:52:58 EDT 2008

Hi All...

Quick question, i have some projects that multiple teachers will use with their students and I would like the student results to be emailed  back to their teachers.

I would like this process to be transparent to the student using the stack. Can the following be done?

I would like the rev project to "post" the student data and the identified teacher's email address (saved is stack profile settings) to the built in smtp mail.php script.  I know I can get the rev stack to post to the mail.php file, but the mail php file has to be dynamic is determining what teacher's email address to send to.

I was wondering if I could post the teacher's email address and the student project data to a rev cgi project on the server, and then have the rev cgi project, on the fly, create the mail.php file with the correct email address and email the student data to the teacher?

Essentially, the rev cgi project would create the mail.php file based on the submitted email address, forward the student data to the file it just  created (mail.php)  and then possibly delete the mail.php file and wait for the next post.

Can a rev cgi create a mail.php file, execute the php file by forwarding data to it, and then delete the file it created, all in one swoop?

Thank you!

John Patten
SUSD