bad print quality of a resized image

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 20 05:46:00 EDT 2008

--- Tiemo Hollmann TB <toolbook at kestner.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Win XP, Rev 2.9 I have an foto as an image, which I
> want to print. Printing
> the image in original size is ok. But after resizing
> the image to a smaller
> size the quality of the foto is not acceptable any
> more. It is roughly
> pixled and has a dramatical loss of quality, though
> it got smaller in size.
> Comparing it to resizing the same image in
> photoshop, shows, that it must
> not be like this. Obviously Rev has no algorithm for
> resizing image data!? I
> have no idea, if I have any control over the
> imagedata when resizing.
>
> Any ideas out there? Any experiences?
>
> Thank you, Tiemo

Hi Tiemo,

For maximum print quality, keep the full-size image
around as a separate off-screen image control
specifically for ptinting purposes.
Upon printing, hide the 'resized' control, print the
card, and then print from the rect of the off-screen
image into the rect of the (hidden) on-screen image ;
after printing, you show the on-screen image again.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports & PDF Library for Revolution
<http://www.quartam.com>

=====