AW: OT: copy protection / licensing for Mac?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Tue Aug 12 11:38:29 EDT 2008

Bonjour Eric,
yes I understand the sensibility of the subject and I didn't expected to
find solutions, but thoughts, as yours.
Up to now, I handled my copy protection with the absolute minimum of work,
with taking a copy protection tool on CD, as I said in my first post, but I
would like to provide features as limited trial versions and protection for
Mac users too and that's new for me.
Thanks
Tiemo

> Bonjour Tiemo,
>
> As many have said it, nobody will share his own protection scheme.
> Neither me :-)
>
> Hacking is a sensible thing but only for commercial large apps or
> very expensive ones:
> I don't know but it's probably not your case.
>
> Actually, the main problem is no longer which protection scheme to
> use (even if it stays something you *must* think of) but which
> business model to set up.
> In the current market, with all free (open source) software, you
> probably will take advantage with thinking of a free version where
> one single but important feature will be disabled.
> The goal is to flood the market then to give users the incentive to
> get  the payed version.
> Now to protect the payed version, it's another thing...
> Just know that a Rev standalone is not the best protected software ;-)
tion