ini file question on the Mac

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Mon Aug 11 13:53:34 EDT 2008

Hi Mark,

mfstuart wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> Yes, I need to store preferences for an application on any of the Mac OS
> versions.
> This application is a single user standalone application.
> So I would need to know the path and filename extension for this preferences
> file.

In Rev, this should give it to you:

  put specialFolderPath("Preferences") "/appPrefs" into tMyPrefsFile

AFAIK, any (or no) file extension can be used... but there may be a
preferred extension that I'm ignorant of. You might take a look in the
folder whose path is returned and see what is used by others.

Also, Ken Ray has a very nice list of specialFolderPath() values that
will take you pretty much wherever you want to go in the OS:

http://sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/tips/file010.htm

HTH -
Phil Davis