Arrays, recursion and crashes?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Aug 5 11:27:08 EDT 2008

On Aug 5, 2008, at 10:42 AM, David Bovill wrote:

> Fixing the array keys to use simple numeric strings (hashes for now)
> rather
> than keys based on the names of controls fixes the crashes - so the
> problem
> is not with call-by-reference or recursion. I'll try different naming
> schemse to see what sort of names create the crash - I assume it is
> some
> sort of invisible char as there is nothing I can see in the names that
> should cause a problem.

David,

Can you try your original code with the latest 3.0 beta and see if it
still causes problems? There was a bug relating to recursive calls and
arrays that was fixed in a recent build. The bug may have been related
to using "do" as well but I don't remember the details and I don't
have my notes with me. it might be worth a try.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems