Getting the text content of a HTML page
m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sun Aug 3 03:20:18 CDT 2008
I tried the following: put replacetext("aaa<xbbbx>ccc","<*>","")
While put replacetext("aaaxbbbxccc","x*x","")
works, the former doesn't. Does anyone know why? I tried escaping the
< and >, but that didn't work either. Bug?
Economy-x-Talk Consulting and Software Engineering
Benefit from our inexpensive hosting services. See http://economy-x-talk.com/server.html
for more info.
On 3 aug 2008, at 10:06, H Baric wrote:
> Okay, can someone please tell me if this (or something remotely like
> would be possible (if script was written correctly, which I can't
> for the
> life of me work out how):
> put url "somewebpage" into field "theField"
> put return before all the "<"
> put return after all the ">"
> replace lines containing "<" and ">" with empty
> HAHA, I know it's not anywhere near the solution to extracting text
> HTML (Eric's function does a wayyy better job of that), but I'd LOVE
> to know
> how to actually write the script if not anything else, because it's
> me crazy for about two hours now! Grrr
> If it does something wonderful that would be great too :P
> Thanks so much :)
More information about the use-livecode