Getting the text content of a HTML page

H Baric hbaric at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 04:06:50 EDT 2008

Okay, can someone please tell me if this (or something remotely like it)
would be possible (if script was written correctly, which I can't for the
life of me work out how):

put url "somewebpage" into field "theField"

put return before all the "<"

put return after all the ">"

replace lines containing "<" and ">" with empty

HAHA, I know it's not anywhere near the solution to extracting text from
HTML (Eric's function does a wayyy better job of that), but I'd LOVE to know
how to actually write the script if not anything else, because it's driven
me crazy for about two hours now! Grrr

If it does something wonderful that would be great too :P

Thanks so much  :)

Heather