Standalone - Using stack as DB

Scott Morrow scott at elementarysoftware.com
Sat Aug 2 05:17:48 EDT 2008

Peter,
I think a common variation is to have a standalone application (which
most "long-timers" try to put minimal code into), a "program main
stack" (perhaps with substacks) which can also be a stack file that
the standalone loads first to establish the interface (and doesn't
need to be saved), and data files which can also be substacks.  Then
just the data substacks need to be involved with the save process.
Keeping the data separate from the everything else has been consistent
advice on this list.

Scott Morrow

Elementary Software
(Now with 20% less chalk dust!)