way to listen to port 127.0.0.1

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Tue Apr 29 08:33:38 EDT 2008

You're on the right track.

If what you really need to do is to communicate with Rev from your web page,
you could set up Revolution as a very simple web server on a *different*
port -- Safari will use port 80 by default -- and send it a command in the
form of a URL or POST command. You don't want to have the two applications
(Safari and Rev) stepping on each other, trying to use the same port.

Andre Garzia's RevOnRockets has a basic web server implementation, but I
don't know if you'd even need that fully-featured of a solution.

http://www.andregarzia.com/RevOnRockets/