way to listen to port 127.0.0.1

rgould8 at aol.com rgould8 at aol.com
Tue Apr 29 00:03:35 EDT 2008

 I tried that just now, and it's still flashing white between clicks on the web-page.? This is evident by my particular kiosk application, which has a cached large image in the background, and in native Safari, I can jump from page to page with that background, and the foreground elements appear overtop without any flickering in the background.? When I switch to Rev and the embedded browser, however, I get a millisecond of white-full-screen flashing between page-draws, and it's visually disturbing.? I'm using the latest Rev 2.9 on Leopard.

So, that puts me to Plan B:

Since this is a touch-screen kiosk environment and I have full-control over the hardware/software, I'd like to just use "SAFT", which is software that makes Safari run in full-screen mode, and then have a silent version of Rev running in the background waiting for it's cue.? When it receives the cue, it needs to print some data to a thermal-label printer attached to the kiosk.

I am was hoping that I could have a javascript on a web-page that passes data to 127.0.0.1:80, and then have my Rev app ready to receive that data.

I'm not suceeding, however, and I could use some assistance with the scripting.?

Something like:

open socket "127.0.0.1:80"
read from socket "127.0.0.1:80" with message "gotdata"

and then on the web-page:

a href="127.0.0.1:80">Click me to test sending a message to Revolution</a>

That's plan B.?

If Plan B doesn't work, then I've left with Plan C, which I know will work, but is less optimal - - - that plan is to have Rev send Applescript commands to Safari, checking the URL every few seconds and seeing if it's at a "printing url", and taking values from that URL.? Not optimal.? Plan B would be better if someone can help me get it working.