how to zip a Mac app on windows?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Wed Apr 23 06:22:23 EDT 2008

Hi there,

sorry, up to now I am not a proud owner of a Mac and have almost no Mac
system knowledge ( I will buy a Mac for testing soon, promised). Up to now,
I have to burn a test CD, send it to a Mac friend and get the feedback the
next day. When trying  to zip the complete Mac.app folder structure of a
standalone, sending my friend by mail, the program doesn't work on a Mac (it
starts for a moment, but closes immediately), though it is exactly the same
folder structure, I have burned on CD (MyApp.app/Contents/MacOS/Externals).
Where is the difference between a CD and a zip? My only idea is, that the
folder structure gets corrupted, when unzipping it on Mac.

What do I have to do to send a Mac User a Mac App from my Windows system?

Thanks for any hints

Tiemo