Field creation & manipulation in a standalone?

Paul Gabel paulgabel at comcast.net
Tue Apr 22 16:52:10 EDT 2008

Hello everyone:

I wonder if it's possible for me to set up my stack so that a user in
the standalone can create a field, drag it to whatever size he or she
desires, and then return to the browse tool. I want the user in the
standalone to be able to drag out the size and shape of the field.

When I create a button with the script ...

on mouseUp
   set the tool to "field"
end mouseUp

... in the IDE, then make a standalone, then click on the button in
the standalone, I get crosshairs. When I then click or attempt to drag
out a field, I get a 1 millimeter square (presumably a field), but I
can't do anything with it. Not only that, but I can no longer click on
any button.

If this is possible, any hints as to how to go about it would be
greatly appreciated.

Paul Gabel
Santa Cruz, California