Option Menu Problem

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Tue Apr 22 11:11:16 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I have an option menu that is set dynamically based on a list of
items. The list can be empty, on the menu object I have the showName
property set true. When the list is not empty all works ok, when an
item is selected, the new selection is shown as the menu contents,
however when the list is empty the name of the menu object shows in
the object contents rather that it just being empty. If I set the
show name property to false then when the list is empty it shows as
empty in the contents but when not empty the selected item is not
displayed when selected.

How can I get the desired effect?

Thanks a lot
All the Best