Getting things the wrong way round . . .

viktoras didziulis viktoras at ekoinf.net
Sat Apr 19 13:36:22 EDT 2008

Well, I do not insist anyone looking through all the world languages for
possible associations of the new worlds we create to be used in
marketing, but by chance it just happened so that the correct
pronunciation of Myrie [mirai] at least in Lithuanian (now one of the
official languages of the EU) looks like it is directly associated with
death [mirti, mire, mirei]... But due to nature of our language most
people will tend to pronounce it as [Miri:e], which sounds different.

B.t.w. this is just a funny fact, not a complaint. Lithuanian market is
comparatively very small - there are more people living in Athens then
speaking our language. I know of only 2 programmers using Revolution
here (though likely there are more), and we do not pay too much
attention to "funny" associations in names of foreign companies and
products unless it is a direct match :-). So just relax and go on...

All the best!
Viktoras