File paths on a web server

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 01:18:45 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I've run into this problem before and solved it with Ken Ray's help,
but now (with Leopard) the old solution doesn't work.

I need to find the name of the current user on the web server
computer. The cgi stacks need to be able to find a file in the current
user's public folder, but I can't get to it if I don't know the name
of the user. I've tried my previous solution using the shell command
"who", but although "who" works fine in Terminal, it doesn't return
anything when used in a CGI script. I've also tried "whoami" and even
specialFolderPath().

Any ideas? I can't use a different file arrangement because that isn't
mine to control.

Cheers,
Sarah

OS X 10.5.2, Rev 2.9.0, Apache 2