good Rev demos

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Thu Apr 10 10:18:27 EDT 2008

On 10 Apr 2008, at 15:43, Colin Holgate wrote:
> There is an overlap between the Flash crowd and the Rev crowd, and
> that's with standalone applications. The Flash crowd can make
> applications that are delivered via AIR, or Internet applications
> using Flex. Those are the kinds of things that Rev can also do, and
> most likely in a faster, more cross platform friendly way. If I can
> show example like that, the people using Flex may well reluctantly
> be impressed!

There are many standalone applications, some I have already linked.
Obviously you can take any stack and make a standalone out of it. One
example of a complex stack which lends itself to that is obviously
ChatRev, another one would be RevZilla.

There are a few games available, for example by Malte Brill <http://www.derbrill.de/
standalones which are more Data oriented <http://economy-x-talk.com/>,
Eric Chattonet has applications that do use the browser external <http://www.sosmartsoftware.com
 >, etc.

There are of course many more Rev products, but I think most of Rev
work is done on comission basis, and can't really be shown around
because of that. I still think you should specify your demand a bit
more, as just asking for every rev application on the planet is not a
good way to get information about those that you actually want.

Have fun
Björnke

--

official ChatRev page: