FrontScripts speed

Tim Bleiler Bleiler at buffalo.edu
Tue Apr 8 14:40:02 EDT 2008

Thanks for the help Richard.

That's what I was thinking also. I think I solved the problem since I
posted the request but if anyone is interested this is what I did.

The inserted front script contains a preOpenCard handler that
rearranges controls. I went this route because I was having problems
with controls "jumping around" after doing a lock screen, go to card,
rearrange controls, unlock card strategy (don't know what the problem
is with that either). I thought by having the rearrangement occur in
the PreOpenCard handler I could avoid the problem.  I didn't want the
PreOpenCard handler hanging around so I was inserting it into the
front, doing the work, then removing it. When I first tried it I
didn't think I would need any lock screens because the rearrangement
was in the preOpenCard handler. It turns out that's wrong. When I
added a lock screen to the preOpenCard handler the performance
returned to acceptable levels.

Thanks for the comments,
Tim Bleiler
University at Buffalo