Removing unwanted comma's

wayne durden wdurden at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 18:33:05 EDT 2008

Hi David:

I have to do this all the time for datasets I process.  If you need to do it
quick and dirty one off, rather than code up a routine in rev, you can open
the dataset in excel.  If the field three data is numerical you can get rid
of the comma by selecting the column then using format cells and choose the
numeric type without the comma.  If it is text stuff then you select the
column and use replace to replace the commas with some other item or nothing
at all.

Once I have done this and saved out the file, I would still open in in a
text editor and zap any quotes with a replace there....

I know this isn't the rev function answer, but it is quick and easy if the
problem isn't recurring....

wayne