Removing unwanted comma's

David Coker davidocoker at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 18:12:23 EDT 2008

Hello folks,
I ran into a problem that I just can't seem to figure out and hope
someone can offer a suggestion or solution. (More than likely simple
using Rev, but it surely escapes me.) Is there a way to remove
spurious comma's inside a text field that contains comma delimited
data, while maintaining the integrity of the individual data fields?

Example:
fieldonedata,fieldtwodata,"fieldthree,data", fieldfourdata,etc.

I need to remove the quotes the comma located within the quotes as
well as the quote characters, to end up with this:

fieldonedata,fieldtwodata,fieldthreedata, fieldfourdata,etc.

I've wasted a big portion of my day trying to figure this out and
would really appreciate any help I can get.

David