update to 2.9? --

william humphrey shoreagent at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 14:38:22 EDT 2008

I couldn't bring myself to roll-back and am still beating my head against
the wall. I finally at least got the "there was an error connecting to the
database" message to show up when entering the information into the database
query builder. After hundreds of absolutely no result (except a crash or
two) no matter what I did that is an improvement.
I wish there were clear instructions on how this should be filled out. Even
the pop-up is a little odd as it flips to altsqlite when you choose SQLite.
There is also no indication of whether it only works with SQLite 3 or not.

I'm beginning to think there is some interesting stuff here to blog about.
Why are the beginning stages of database access always really difficult?
Think back to the early days of PHP and MySQL. The set-up was nearly always
full of pitfalls which made the initial learning curve very steep and
frustrating.