How to do hyperlinked text in a field not locked

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Sat Apr 5 13:00:08 EDT 2008

As Rev stores links in the linktext property of field chars, you can
use selectionchanged to go to a link:

on selectionchanged
   put the linktext of char (word 2 of the mousechunk) of me into
theLink
   if theLink <> "" then
     put theLink --or whatever
   end if
end selectionchanged

Assuming you actually have set the linktext of relevant chars of
course...
Also note that "selectionchanged" is not triggered when the user
clicks, but the selection is still the same. I don't really know what
other message could help here, unless you want to use a send in time
or the mousemove message (both very processor intensive, and mousemove
has the inverse problem).

anyone knows an additional message one could use?
Björnke

--

official ChatRev page:
http://chatrev.bjoernke.com