Quicktime on Windows

curry at pair.com curry at pair.com
Thu Sep 27 07:42:29 EDT 2007

>A player without QuickTime on Windows will
>definitivley NOT play any midi file!

That is very emphatic but also incorrect! ;-D

Maybe this feature is not well-known. Try it. I've used it for more than
one shareware. If you don't have QT installed, the player may not show a
controller with play button, so use script to start it.

>You could use the (very bad to not) documented "maciSendString"
>command on windows to play sounds, videos and midis on windows.

I suspect mciSendString might even be what Rev uses for the player without
QT--anyway, the features are just about the same either way, calling from
mci or the player. The Microsoft sequencer is used.

Best,

Curry

--
Curry K. Software