Rev and import snapshot not compatible with Aero and Vista

curry at pair.com curry at pair.com
Thu Sep 27 06:43:08 EDT 2007

>Are you sure it's working with Aero? On some machines, Aero is turned
>off by default. Are the titlebars somewhat transparent and show a
>blurred image of what is underneath them?

>I'm not sure what other details you're looking for. On every Aero
>system I've tried it on (3 of them), import snapshot does not work.

Yes, I know about Aero. Let's not get bogged down on that, because we need
to delve a little further.

But I think the big problem is that we all had been forgetting that import
snapshot has two basic forms of operation. You guys overlooked one form, I
overlooked the other.

Now I find that if I type "import snapshot" (which I did not try before) I
get the ugly black rectangle.

But if I type "import snapshot from rect (the rect of grc 1) of window
(the windowid of this window)" I get a perfect image.

If you get the same results, not only can it further pin down the bug
report, but it might provide a workaround for many uses--let the user drag
out a rectangle graphic, then programatically take the snapshot of that
rect.

So, I confirm that the user selection form of "import snapshot" fails, but
the from-rect form works for me.

Best,

Curry