custom "Type-ahead" function

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed Sep 19 11:16:29 EDT 2007

On Sep 18, 2007, at 5:11 PM, Ton Kuypers wrote:

> Hi gang,
>
> A while ago I saw a RR stack wich allows me to filter a field with
> values of another field, the more you typed in, the more exact the
> filter worked...
> This allows a user to start typing and get somekind of a "type-ahead".
>
> The big problem is, that I can't seem to find that stack anymore :-(
>
> Anyone any suggestions?

Ton,

A few weeks ago I shared a stack that lets you type ahead to find a
name in a scrolling list. I've posted it now on RevOnline as Type
Ahead Search, under user devin.

Coincidentally, I also noticed that in the revOnline stack itself
there is a nifty type-to-filter feature that might do just what you
want. I was able to access its scripts by opening Revolution Online
from the Development menu, then typing into the message box:
   toplevel stack "revonlineViewer 1"
Then
   edit the script of cd "rvcUsers"

Look at the rawKeyDown and updateUsersDisplay handlers.

HTH

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University