RealBasic pulls MySQL support

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Wed Sep 12 13:59:27 EDT 2007

On Sep 12, 2007, at 10:31 AM, chris bohnert wrote:
> we dropped all direct
> connection support for MySql about a year ago.  We either use a
> different db
> or proxy requests through a php call.

Chris,

Did you settle on a simple PHP script that receives SQL statements
from Rev and simply "relays" them on to the localhost MySQL? And then
relays raw output back?
(Along with appropriate security measures of course)

---

The reason I ask is when I first started down the "Rev <-> PHP <->
remote db" path I wrote the SQL, and much of the parsing of the
returned data in PHP.

I was trying to make it easy in Rev, just sending requests (similar
to function calls, like "getCustomers"), then having PHP nicely
format data before returning. It turned into a real headache having
to switch languages and dev environments, and deciding what part of
the data processing belonged where.

Then, I realized you could just write a simple PHP script that took
completely formatted SQL and simply "bounced" them to MySQL... and
bounced the raw data back... but have not tried it yet.