still standard folder under Vista

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Sun Sep 9 09:40:20 EDT 2007

Hello,

though I know Ken's excellent table of standard folders, I am still quite
unsure with Vista. I have googled, but didn't find any satisfying answer to:

1.	what is the difference between a "local" and a "roaming" folder and
which one should I use for a standard ini file?
2.	On german Vista installation there is a "C:/Users/Tiemo/AppData"
folder (which is a hidden system folder) AND a "C:Users/Tiemo/Application
Data" folder, which is always visible. What is the difference?
3.	If I use e.g. the special folder "26" (CSIDL_APPDATA) my datas are
put to the hidden "C:/Users/Tiemo/AppData" folder. Which special folder is
the path to the visible "Application Data"? In Ken's table there is no
differentiation between these two and I think it could even be a
german-vista specific topic?

Any hint appreciated

Tiemo