Stack window flashes on resize

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Sep 4 14:39:32 EDT 2007

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 19:28:20 +0100, Mark Smith wrote:

> Hi, all, I've searched the archives but not found anything that works.
>
> Rev 2.8.1, MacIntel OS X 10.4.10
>
> This is my script (in the script of a 'disclosure triangle' button):
>
> on openup
>   put the rect of this stack into tRect
>   put item 2 of tRect + 400 into item 4 of tRect
>   set the rect of this stack to tRect
> end openup
>
> When it executes, the newly revealed part of the window (it's height
> prior to this is 360) flashes white before the bg pattern is applied.

Well, here's a really weird possible workaround - put everything into a
group that is the size of the card, and set its lockLoc to true. Set
the backgroundPattern of the *group*, not the stack, and then when you
resize with the button, change the rect of the group *first* before you
change the rest of the stack.

It's the only thing I could think of...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.