Grouping Inside Groups

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Oct 31 14:29:03 EDT 2007

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 17:57:39 +0200, Sakari Ruoho wrote:

> Cheers for your answer Mark,
>
> You could do it like this... create a stack with a button and image
> called 'test'. Now heres the button's script:
>
> on mouseUp
> group image "test"
> end mouseUp
> All u need to do is to press the button two times. First time it
> creates the group, but next time u will get the error.
>
> Start editing does not work in this case, since it opens the group
> visually(lock screen does not seem to work on here) and that is
> undesirable behavior for the software I'm working on.

Try this:

Make three buttons on a card. Select them all and group them. Then
execute this code:

on mouseUp
  select empty  -- make sure nothing else is selected
  set the selected of btn 1 to true
  set the selected of btn 2 to true
  group
  select empty  -- remove the rectangles
end mouseup

This should leave you with an external group of all three buttons, but
an internal group of just two of them with the third not part of the
internal group.

You can wrap these in lock/unlock screen and change the tool to browse
if you like to make sure it's not seen by the user.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/