Rev 2.8.1 NOT Leopard ready!

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Tue Oct 30 12:32:47 EDT 2007

On 30/10/07 15:41, "Klaus Major" <klaus at major-k.de> wrote:

>> Its not really surprising that Rev 2.8.1 doesn't run perfectly on
>> Leopard
>> given that it shipped many months before that OS.
>
> ...which came out surprisingly last friday?

Right, 4 days ago.  There are dozens of applications that do not work
correctly on Leopard yet, including Apple's own FileMaker.  As ever, we will
be among the first to release an upgrade.  You won't have long to wait.

>> Mostly it does run ok,
>> but there are some cosmetic issues, in particular with metal.
>
> Empty and thus completely unusable stacks are more than a cosmetic issue
> to us (and our customers).

*If* you use metal - which has been completely changed in Leopard - then
there is an issue.  Apple now redraws metal when a window is in the
background, but does not use the same method as before to notify the app
that it needs redrawn.

Its trivial to work around this to the extent that it is not unusable but
rather just a glitch.  Something along the lines of the following will keep
you going for now:

on suspendStack
  send "redrawStack" to me in 10 milliseconds
end suspendStack

on resumeStack
  send "redrawStack" to me in 10 milliseconds
end resumeStack

on redrawStack
  lock screen
  unlock screen
end redrawStack

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools