Faking A Real Table Object

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Mon Oct 22 11:17:06 EDT 2007

Hi Len,

What about not dynamically increasing the number of fields in the
group, but displaying different parts of the data instead?

Create a group with fields in rows and columns. Add a vertical and a
horizontal scrollbar object. Now group the fields and the scrollbars.

Write a script that shows line x to y of your data, depending on the
thumbPos of the vertical scrollbar. The script should also show item
a to b of each line x to y of your data, depending on the thumbPos of
the horizontal scrollbar.

You can do this using the scrollbarDrag message, which is sent if you
drag the thumb of the scrollbar. The scrollbarDrag message comes with
a parameter, which you can use together with the endValue of the two
scrollbar objects to determine which lines and which items you need
to display.

Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz

Quickly extract data from your HyperCard stacks with DIFfersifier.
http://differsifier.economy-x-talk.com

Op 22-okt-2007, om 16:57 heeft Len Morgan het volgende geschreven: