Leopard

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Oct 18 19:16:25 EDT 2007

Ken Ray wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 09:42:40 -0600, Chris Sheffield wrote:
>
>> Shari,
>>
>> I've been doing some Leopard testing myself and have not run into
>> issues like these. I have seen a couple strange things where default
>> buttons are not "throbbing" as they should and just look like normal
>> buttons, even though they still behave as default. I've also found in
>> one app that audio does not play. Not sure if this is some sort of
>> QuickTime/Rev issue with Leopard or what. But as far as UB apps
>> running, that works just fine for me. I'm running the latest Leopard
>> developer seed on a new 20" iMac, core 2 duo 2.4 GHz, 2 GB ram.
>>
>> Anyway, just thought I'd chime in and let you know my findings.
>
> Yes, and I discovered that buttons could not be resized vertically
> properly (the button rect was enlarged, but the visual part of the
> button itself remained the same), in addition to a few other oddities.
> But this was from a developer build of Leopard from a couple of months
> ago, so it may not be relevant anymore...

My client reports that on the most recent Leopard build, the card window
does not redraw correctly when it loses focus. The main stack has a
metal window and that may be the problem (we're investigating) but as of
now, showing a substack or even opening another unrelated application
causes the main window to go completely blank. It retains the metal
texture but shows no visible controls of any kind. Clicking into the
main stack, back out to the Finder (or any other app,) and then back to
the main stack forces it to redraw properly. Has anyone seen this? I
don't have Leopard installed to check it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com