open file with application

François Chaplais francois.chaplais at ensmp.fr
Sun Oct 14 18:59:51 EDT 2007

Le 14 oct. 07, à 22:45, Mark Smith a écrit :

> François, check "Launch" in the docs:
>
> Launch <documentPath> with <applicationPath>
>
> Best,
>
> Mark

Thanks a lot!
  I uploaded a demo in my user space (search user chaplais)

I have been playing with revolution for some weeks, and it seems to me
that a documentation that is categorized by topic (see how Rinaldi
organized his externals
at http://rinaldicollection.free.fr/
is missing in the rev distribution. I mean, why "launch" instead of
"open" or why not "explore"? Or did I overlook something?

Of course, I can do search in various ways, but the request is
essentiel.
Before posting this topic, I did a search for "open file application"
with revolution web search tool and could not find an answer to my
question.
So I suggest that some rev gurus (or not) write some stacks devoted to
various topics like "interface" "files" etc... revolution keywords may
be present in several topics. Maybe the starting point would be a list
of topics (not necessarily a comprehensive one)
Somebody is interested?
My experience in revolution, but I did quite a bit of hypercarding, and
if this can help, I can maintain a collection of reference stacks.
And yes, I have not read all of the manual, but it seems it is more
oriented towards the use of the IDE than towards transcript description

very best regards,

Francois Chaplais
http://cas.ensmp.fr/~chaplais/