SOAP Library

David Burgun dave at looktowindward.com
Fri Oct 5 10:27:58 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am interested in using SOAP to communicate between a client and
server. I downloaded "Unsupported Stacks"  from the RunRev web site
and found a  file called "SOAP_toolbox.rev" which seems to do what I
want. However when I came to use the functions in the stack, I found
a few problems, for instance:

function revSoapComplexRequest pUrl, pBody, pSoapAction
   put empty into lcSoapResponse ##clear response data
   put "Content-Type: text/xml" into tHeaders
   put cr & "SOAPAction:" && quote & pSoapAction & quote after tHeaders

   put the cSoapEnvelope of me into tSOAPEnvelope
   put pMethod into tMethod					--
   put "m:" before tMethod
   put "<" & tMethod &&  "xmlns:m=" & quote & pNamespace & quote &
">" into tMethodTag
   replace "<METHOD><PARAMS/></METHOD>"  with pBody  in tSOAPEnvelope
   set the httpHeaders to tHeaders
   post tSOAPEnvelope to url pUrl
   put it into lcSoapResponse
   return the result
end revSoapComplexRequest

Please see the line marked with "***************", the statement:

   put pMethod into tMethod					--

Causes a problems since pMethod is not defined in this function.

Does anyone know why this is like this? Is there a more up to date
SOAP library? Is there another library that is more up to date?

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.

All the Best
Dave