Massive Speed difference between Mac/PC with SQLite

xavier.bury at clearstream.com xavier.bury at clearstream.com
Fri Nov 16 07:10:42 EST 2007

Hi Dave

try this: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=259716

For a full read of similar issues, here's another usefull link:
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=17984

Regards,
---------------------=---------------------
Xavier Bury
Clearstream Services
TNS NT LAN Server

use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com wrote on 16/11/2007 10:18:54:

> Hi,
>
> I have an application that works on Mac and PC. There is a process
> that read an XML file, re-arranges the data and writes a record to an
> SQLite database. On the Mac, to build a 10,000 Tracks database takes
> around 90 seconds, how ever on the PC the same code (both in the
> Standalone and the IDE) runs, much, much, slower. The same 10,000
> records takes over 10 minutes!
>
> Does anyone have an idea why this should be?
>
> All the Best
> Dave

Clearstream Services S.A.
42 Avenue JF Kennedy, L-1855 Luxembourg
Société anonyme is organised with limited liability
in the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg R.C.S. Luxembourg B 60911.

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents
of this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you
are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in
this e-mail are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender specifically states them to be the views of Clearstream
International or of any of its affiliates or subsidiaries.

Legally required information for business correspondence/
Gesetzliche Pflichtangaben fuer Geschaeftskorrespondenz:
http://deutsche-boerse.com/letterhead

END OF DISCLAIMER